We are focused on identifying and helping achieve client objectives in a professional, practical and proactive manner. At the core of our client relationship is clear communication, adaptability to anticipate and deal with changing circumstances and a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding client expectations.
The Principal of the Business is Mike Burke, a vastly experienced chartered accountant (FCA), Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA) and associate member of the Irish Institute of Pensions Management who has held senior management positions in banking for the last thirteen years.
Mike has specific expertise in the areas of:
- Company pensions/ risk benefits and individual financial planning including retirement planning, life assurance, income protection, mortgages and savings/ investments.
- Lending across various sectors to include commercial real estate, residential development, hospitality, retail, professional services, renewables, public sector and other trading entities including start-ups/ micro-enterprises.
- Refinancing and restructuring business/ corporate debt.
Mike is therefore ideally placed to:
- Advise companies on company/ executive pensions and risk benefits.
- Complete financial plans for individuals incorporating advice on retirement planning, life, protection, mortgages and savings/ investments.
- Complete strategic business plans for businesses with a view to securing debt finance, raising funding and accessing grants.
Isn’t it just larger businesses that need an accountant?
Of course not, even the smallest business can benefit from advice on ways to minimise tax and manage their accounts. If you prefer, we can handle all of your bookkeeping, regular management accounts and VAT returns on your behalf. The added benefit of us being involved is that having prepared the books it makes the final accounts much easier, saving time and keeping costs down.
Working with an accountant is an added cost to any business. However, the cost should be offset by the value they add. We work closely with our clients to achieve their goals. By getting to know you and your business well, we can tailor what we do specifically for your needs and your strategy, thereby adding value.
We aim to provide you with a fixed fee quote that will cover the areas we will work on together. This will be based on the complexity and volume of the tasks involved. Should any additional assignments come up during the year then we will provide a quote in advance, unless the matter is urgent and it is in your best interests to take action on your behalf. We offer you the chance to pay our fees monthly and avoid having a large invoice in one go, which helps your cashflow. One thing is for sure, if you telephone with a query you won’t get a bill. We want you to let us know how you are.
If you want to keep your own accounting records, then that is fine. If you need some help then we can give you some training. Ensuring that you understand the best way to prepare your accounting information makes it easier for us to complete your accounts or tax return. If we do this for you then you can concentrate on running your business.
Sometimes it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes look at your business. We will listen to you and firstly understand the history of the business and then how you want to develop it. We can carry out a “healthcheck” of the operating systems, management and financial reporting in place; advise on any matters arising and recommend any actions required. All designed to match up with your goals, which we established at the outset.